6/16/11

Weiner Resigns

I must say, I think it's a pity.  Weiner made a total fool out of himself, but he's not in the same class as moral morons like Newt Ginrgrich and John Edwards.  His biggest liability is that he looked so silly, with all his private pictures on public display, but what he did was small potatoes, comparatively speaking.  Important to his wife, no doubt, but not of great importance to his constituents. To my mind, he was the latest Bill Clinton, another person who grossly embarrassed himself, but whose mistakes had little public importance.  I'm glad Clinton overcame the public humiliation and figured Weiner could have survived too.  But no, not for now.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

In full agreement.

And if Weiner were single... I'm not sure there would be a hubub about this at all.