10/6/10

Love Survey

I'm teaching Harry Frankfurt's wonderful book The Reasons of Love this week, and the last chapter has a very interesting discussion of self-love.  It would help me out if you took the poll to your right.  I won't pollute your response by explaining what Frankfurt says, or why the question interests me.  More about that after the poll closes.   I will read nothing into a "yes" answer or a "no" answer. If you say "no," I won't infer that you hate yourself. If you say "yes" I won't infer that you're vain. Keep it simple: if "I love myself" is true as uttered by you, say "yes." If not, say "no".

1 comment:

Sam Vega said...

"I will read nothing into a "yes" answer or a "no" answer. If you say "no," I won't infer that you hate yourself. If you say "yes" I won't infer that you're vain."

Given my sensitivity to your opinions, and your power over me, that really is very sweet of you!