11/24/11

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm in "Happy Valley" for Thanksgiving--home of the infamous Sandusky mess.  Go ahead and judge me -- because yes, we did a little Sandusky tourism yesterday.  We call this place "MOP" for short (Middle of Pennsylvania) and absolutely nothing ever happens here, so it was amazing (amazing!) to see NBC news trucks downtown.  I hang my head in shame, but we did drive by Joe Paterno's house.  There was a reporter or guard or something stationed out there, so we felt completely foolish driving by.  The Paterno family lives on a road to nowhere, so we couldn't even zip by and pretend we were just going to  ... Wegman's, or some such.  No, we were going to gawk at Joe Paterno's house, for no intelligible reason.  You might regain just a touch of respect for me when I tell you we didn't go by Sandusky's house. Then again, was it for good reasons, or just because there are apparently roadblocks out there?  Ahem. 

Anyhow ...

I hope you are feeling thankful today -- for good things large and small.  I wanted to thank readers of this blog for being readers, and for leaving comments.  I read all the comments, but don't always take the time to comment on comments. Sometimes I don't because it just seems unnecessary to write "Hmm, interesting, I'll think about it."  I'm hoping that response is somehow understood, even when not explicit. But if not--this "thank you" is for you (and that means YOU).  Thank you for reading my sometimes-long posts and making thoughtful comments.

8 comments:

Michael Fisher said...

Thank you Jean for be-ing & make sure to take a walk at some point

[from one of the 95% who don't 'do' thanksgiving]

Jean Kazez said...

Ha...you read our minds. The walk is coming up in an hour.

Faust said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

I was born in State College so say hi to my peeps for me.

Aeolus said...

Thank you for blogging, Jean. I don't always comment, but I read all the posts and they're nearly always worth reading.

As for gawking, it's human nature, like gossiping. We're social creatures and we like to be where the action is.

ianbargain said...

What about those of us who read the sometimes-long posts and make only thougtless comments? On behalf of all the thoughtless commenters - we the 99% - shame on you Jean.

Jean Kazez said...

Actually, my thanks should have been even more inclusive. A lot of people actually read and never comment. I appreciate them too!

Faust, OMG! I'm thinking 1-2 of your parents must have gone to Penn State. Yes?

Faust said...

Actually my father taught there for a number of years :)

I spent my very early years in Pine Grove Mills.

Jean Kazez said...

OMG again ... My father taught there for oodles of years. Pine Grove Mills... We just drove through there yesterday!